Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
- Three dimensional
- An adjective used when seismic receivers are distributed across an expansive area surrounding a seismic source station. The point of origin of a reflection event recorded by this areal receiver patch can then be positioned correctly in x, y, z space.
The glossary is a living growing list of important E&P terms and require continual enhancements. If you would like to contribute to the glossary send an email to petrowiki(at)spe.org..
Include the following:
- Term (full name)
- Acronym (if the term has one)
- Description(s) of the term.
- External links to the term. (Example: Glossary:SIMOPs)
- A short note explaining the changes (additions or deletions) from an existing glossary term.