Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
- Simultaneous operations
- Two or more different activities that are occurring close enough to each other that there is a risk of interference, clashing, or risk transfer.
Noteworthy papers in OnePetro
Ataya, Z. M. 2008. New Technique for Addressing SIMOPS Challenges During Installation of New Offshore Platform. Society of Petroleum Engineers. http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.2118/120796-MS
Ogoke, V., Schauerte, L., Bouchard, G., & Inglehart, S. c. 2014. Simultaneous Operations in Multi-Well Pad: a Cost Effective way of Drilling Multi Wells Pad and Deliver 8 Fracs a Day. Society of Petroleum Engineers. http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.2118/170744-MS
Salman, M. W. 2012. Simultaneous Drilling & Productions Operations (SIMOPS). Society of Petroleum Engineers. http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.2118/155026-MS
The glossary is a living growing list of important E&P terms and require continual enhancements. If you would like to contribute to the glossary send an email to petrowiki(at)spe.org.
Include the following:
- Term (full name)
- Acronym (if the term has one)
- Description(s) of the term.
- External links to the term. (Example: RTENOTITLE)
- A short note explaining the changes (additions or deletions) from an existing glossary term.