Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Well integrity management system The well integrity management system WIMS normally covers the following elements:
- Wells owner ship over life cycle for wells that are developed, acquired, divested, suspended, closed in, operated, exploration and abandoned by company.
- Organizational structure with roles, responsibilities and competencies
- Risk assessment with risk register that defines the risk and mitigations for the hazards that are to be managed
- Well types with well barriers, and well barrier envelops that control the hazards defined
- Performance standards that define the requirements to maintain the well barriers in its operating limits.
- Well barrier verification, or assurance processes that assures the mechanical status of the well is maintained on a the defined risk ;
- Underlying processes like reporting, documentation, management of change, continuous improvement and auditing processes.
Workover information management system data base