You must log in to edit PetroWiki. Help with editing

Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information

Glossary:Upset connection

Jump to navigation Jump to search

A pipe connection with thicker wall area at the coupling. An external upset is thicker to the outside with a consistent I.D. with the pipe and is called an EU or EUE. A connection upset to the inside (smaller ID but consistent O.D.) is an IU.