Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One of many tests that measures, either directly or indirectly, the concentration of salt in a sample of water.
- A term describing water solutions containing dissolved mineral solids. The U.S. Geo logical Survey has assigned terms for degrees of salinity for waters with the following dissolved solids concentration ranges
- Slightly saline - 1,000 to 3,000 mg/L
- Moderately saline - 3,000 to 10,000 mg/L
- Very saline - 0,000 to 35,000 mg/L
- Briny - over 35,000 mg/L