Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Difference between revisions of "Digital transformation study group (SPE-GCS)"
(Moved Nov. 13 event to Jan. 8)
m (Removed heading so it won't appear in TOC)
|Line 174:||Line 174:|
Revision as of 17:58, 28 November 2018
The SPE-GCS Digital Transformation Study Group (DTSG) was formally launched on 29 March 2018 after approval by the SPE Gulf Coast Section (SPE-GCS) and adoption of its mission (below). It held its first lunch-and-lean session on 3 May 2018, the last day of OTC.
The SPE-GCS Digital Transformation Study Group adopted the following charter:
- Drive the adoption of IoT, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity technologies (and others) to enable data driven decision making, increasing industry efficiency through the fusion of operations and information technologies (OT/IT).
- Share carefully researched and qualified use cases that will help all industry players adopt best practices to connect, manage and extract value from data –achieving improvements in terms of cost reductions, increased safety, added value generation, greater operational efficiency, and reduced environmental impact.
- Guide the industry toward understanding, leveraging, and protecting data as a critical enterprise asset.
How to Join
- Go to SPE-GCS section via the SPE website
- Click on your name at the top right of the page (grey on black, just to the left of Logout)
- On your profile page, click on the gearbox icon (settings) next to the “Groups” heading
- Add “SPE-GCS Digital Transformation” to your list of groups and remember to save!
The Study Group organizes lunch-and-learn sessions on various digital transformation-related topics. These sessions occur approximately ten times a year, and are usually around lunch time on Tuesdays, hosted by a sponsor in the Houston area.
To sponsor a session, suggest a topic, etc., please contact the event coordinator listed in the Steering Committee table below.
|Thu., Mar. 29, 2018||Study Group Kick Off Meeting||Schlumberger|
|Thu., May 3, 2018||Blockchain in Oil & Gas||Rebecca Hofmann (Equinor)
Claude Baudoin (cébé)
Jean-Pierre Foehn (Ondiflo)
|Thu., May 31, 2018||Sucker Rod Pump Edge Analytics Implementation||Louis Desroches (IoT Solution Manager, Intel)
|Tue., Jun. 19, 2018
||Study Group Panel on Digital Transformation/Innovation||Mario Chiock (Schlumberger Fellow), Alex De Sousa (IT Manager, Equinor), Giewee Hammond (Lead Data Scientist, Aramco Services)
|Tue., Jul. 10, 2018||Making Actionable Information and Automated Decisions from Real Time Drilling Data||Mark Anderson (Manager of Drilling Mechanics Technologies, Shell)
|Thu., Aug. 16, 2018
||Journey to the Cloud||Alex de Sousa (Equinor)
Pat Beahan (ConocoPhillips)
Chetan Desai (Schlumberger)
|Tue, Jan. 8||Technology Watch: IIC, OpenFog, IoT Centers of Excellence, and more
||Led by Claude Baudoin (cébé IT & Knowledge Management)
|Equinor, 2107 City West Blvd., Houston|
|Tue, Feb. 12
||New Ways of Working||Stephen Taylor (Devon)
Dennis Creech (Hess)
Jarle Husebø (Equinor)
|Tue, Mar. 12 (tentative)||Cybersecurity panel||Mario Chiock, moderator
Gary Scheibe (Shell Security Mgr)
Lisa Angelo (Legal)
Paul Brager (BHGE Product Security Lead)
|Tue, Apr. 9 (tentative)||Communications for IoT (SpaceX, 5G, LoRa…)
||Louis Desroches (Intel)
Jameson Buffmire (Orange)
Masoud Sajadieh (Intel)
and to be confirmed:
Albert Behr (Behr Technologies
Andre De La Torre (Vodafone)
|Thu., May 2 (adjacent to OTC)
||Westin Houston at Memorial City|
|Tue., Jun. 11
||Intellectual Property (tentative)
|Tue., July 9
||IT/OT Convergence (tentative)
Current Steering Committee Members
|Steering Commitee Position
||Juan Felipe Arjona
|Marketing & Publicity
||cébé IT & Knowledge Management|
|Executive Advisor Technology||Louis Desroches||Intel|
|Membership & Media Presence