Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Difference between revisions of "PetroWiki"
Revision as of 08:02, 17 September 2013
What is PetroWiki?
PetroWiki was created from the seven volume Petroleum Engineering Handbook (PEH) published by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). PetroWiki preserves the PEH content in unaltered form (page names that start with PEH:), while allowing SPE's membership to update and expand content from the published version. Pages that do not have PEH: at the beginning may have started with content from the PEH, but have been modified over time by contributors to the wiki.
How do I use PetroWiki?
Use the search box at upper right to find content of interest.
PetroWiki is indexed by search engines, so you also may find content of interest through your favorite search engine.
English not your first language? You'll find Google Translate in the navigation under Toolbox. While the translations are far from perfect and technical terms may not translate well, it may help with understanding. When you're on a translated page, mouseover the text to see the original text for ease of comparison.
How can I contribute to PetroWiki?
- The Petroleum Engineering Handbook was published in 2006-2007. Therefore, some of the content is outdated and newer technologies may not be included. We need your help to update PetroWiki and share your knowledge with others.
- Adding links to good papers in OnePetro and elsewhere is a great way to enrich existing content pages.
- Creation of pages about specific fields are welcome. Knowing the basics of the reservoir and how the field was developed over time can provide valuable information to others. (See Prudhoe Bay field and Kuparuk River field as examples)
- If you are an SPE professional member, you must log in. [Use your SPE website login.] Help with editing
- Pages that start with PEH: cannot be edited.
For more information, see PetroWiki:Frequently asked questions
Content categorization - most pages in PetroWiki do not currently have categories assigned to them. SPE is in the process of finalizing a technical taxonomy that will be used for PetroWiki, OnePetro, and other SPE content. Once the taxonomy is final, categories will be added to PetroWiki pages.