Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Help:Approved or modified
The PetroWiki is moderated by at least two experts (Page Champions) in the subject matter to insure the content is technically sound. When a topic page has been edited it moves from an approved status to a modified status until the edit has been reviewed and approved (or rejected) by the assigned page champions. Note: Only moderated pages have the approved or modified status. The user must be logged in to see the Approved/Modified notification.
- A PetroWiki page has an approved status until it has been edited.
- Once a page has been edited an alert is sent to the assigned page champions.
- During this time the page is in a modified status.
- As a demonstration we changed the first sentence to read "The PetroWiki was developed by the Society of Petroleum Engineers" instead of "PetroWiki was developed by the Society of Petroleum Engineers"
- The only change visible is the Approved status to Modified status.
- The word addition is not visible until the page champions approve the change.
- Here is the page champion's view. They are able to compare the original text with the modified version.
- When editing a modified page it is important to note the edit alert.
- Any edits not visible by default are now visible in the edit screen.
- This may become important to your original idea(s) for editing.
- Your edits will be sent to moderation and will not be shown until moderation is complete.
- Page champions will view edits in the order they are received.
Page champions are authorized to accept or reject edits. If a page champion rejects an edit the page will revert back to an approved status without any changes being made. See also: Deleted content