Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
An actuator is a type of motor for moving or controlling a mechanism or system. Actuator's are a vital part of offshore operations.
Thermal or magnetic
Possible section headings
(One or all of these may apply to your topic)
- History: A historic account of the topic
- Purpose or Objective: The reason for its existence, its intended or desired result, or what issue does it resolve.
- Type, taxonomy, or classification: Is there a category or group for this topic?
- Functions: Actions or position this topic occupies in a particular situation or activity.
- Features: What sets this apart or makes this topic important?
- Advantages: What are the positives to this topic?
- Disadvantages: What are the negatives to this topic?
- Other considerations: What other things should the reader think about?
- Nomenclature: Is there a set or system of names or terms used for this topic?
- Gallery: Are there any images that relate to the topic to help illustrate the idea?
- Graphs: Are there any graphs that relate to the topic to help illustrate the idea?
Use this section for citation of items referenced in the text to show your sources. [The sources should be available to the reader, i.e., not an internal company document.]
Noteworthy papers in OnePetro
Use this section to list papers in OnePetro that a reader who wants to learn more should definitely read
Use this section to provide links to relevant material on websites other than PetroWiki and OnePetro
Use this section for links to related pages within PetroWiki, including a link to the original PEH text where appropriate